Today’s marketing and brand management strategies increasingly use a range of technology and social media platforms for promotion and client engagement. These developments have given rise to an array of legal issues, ranging from dealing with negative or defamatory comment on social media and ensuring data protection compliance in the use of apps, to protecting intellectual property rights and meeting advertising regulations for viral marketing campaigns.
Whether you are a media agency looking for a range of legal support services or an organisation looking for advice on media and brand management issues, we can deliver practical advice on meeting your legal requirements and protecting your brand.
The Media Team at Walker Morris forms part of the firm’s TMT offering, providing a wide range of services to clients. We have a broad client base which includes both marketing and brand management teams within organisations, marketing and media agencies, artists, multinational music organisations and broadcasters. We provide legal advice on a complete range of brand management and social media issues including:
- Intellectual property, trade mark and designs portfolio management and patents to maximise brand value
- Litigation and dispute resolution including defamation and responding to comments on social media platforms
- Advertising and marketing campaign compliance
- Contentions and non contentious licensing
- Corporate and commercial law
- Banking and finance including re-financing
- Employment and pensions law including policy documentation, redundancy, TUPE, as well as more complex employment cases including employment tribunals
- Data protection – including data ownership
- IT including software licensing rights, IT contracts, app development including data protection and consumer finance regulation
In addition we are supported by legal specialists from across the firm including real estate, tax, competition and EU law to name a few, to provide a complete legal service to our clients.