We have developed close relationships with a number of high profile sports clubs and have significant experience of advising such clients in respect of the full range of employment and HR issues, including:
- Drafting and negotiating a number of premier league and football league managers’, coaches’ and player contracts and ensuring compliance with the various rules of the relevant governing bodies.
- Acting as exclusive HR and employment law advisers to premier league and football league clubs, including in respect of disciplinary and grievance investigations and employment tribunal claims.
- Advising and drafting the relevant documents in relation to strategic decisions such as furloughing staff, restructures, wage deferrals and settlement agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating the employment aspects of commercial contracts and advising in relation to TUPE transfers.
- Assisting in sports immigration matters, including applications for sponsor licences and applications for Governing Body Endorsements under the points based system.