Walker Morris promotions focus on talent investment and specialist expertise offeringPrint news article
19 internal promotions recognise expertise across the firm
Walker Morris has continued to invest in its talent pool by making 19 internal promotions, effective from 1 May 2020. The promotions are made up of one Partner, five Directors and 13 Senior Associates.
These internal promotions recognise the specialist expertise held across the firm’s numerous departments and reflect the firm’s continued growth across its full service offering to its national and international client base.
Oliver Duke’s promotion to Partner follows a stellar performance from the Corporate Team who have advised on numerous high-profile deals in the past year including advising:
- US-based Fastener Distributions on its acquisition of Aerospheres Group
- Swedish listed Lifco AB on its acquisitions of Point of Sale Group and Brian James Trailers
- US-based HelpSystems Group on its acquisition of Clearswift Group from the Ruag Group
- private equity fund Endless on its MBO and acquisition of the £350m-turnover forestry and sawmilling business, BSW Timber
- YPO, the largest local authority purchasing consortium in the UK, on its £50m acquisition of Findel Education.
Oliver sits on Walker Morris’ international committee and much of his work focuses on private equity transactions and cross-border M&A. He regularly works alongside and manages relationships with independent overseas law firms to facilitate the firm’s cross border work. Learn more about Oliver in this short video here.
Meet our promotion candidates here:
The newly promoted Directors are:
- Alastair Robertson – Construction & Engineering
- Edward Ainscoe – Corporate
- Suzanne Treen – Employment
- David Manda – Real Estate Litigation
- Claire Burrows – Regulatory & Compliance.
The 13 new Senior Associates are:
- Rebecca Jackson – Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Luke Jackson – Commercial
- Charlotte Wright – Commercial
- Alex Jones – Construction & Engineering
- Charlotte Smith – Employment
- Dave Johnson – Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Christian Slinger – Sport
- Matthew Lingard – Intellectual Property and Trade Marks & Designs
- Emma Conwell – Planning & Environment
- Clare Wood – Real Estate
- Rachel Turnbull – Regulatory & Compliance
- Christina Gill – Banking & Finance Litigation.
Malcolm Simpson, Managing Partner at Walker Morris, said:
“It’s important, now more than ever, to continue investing in our skills and talent to ensure we can respond to our client’s evolving needs. The success of both our own and our clients’ businesses is dependent on recruiting and retaining talented individuals.
I would like to extend my congratulations to Oliver on his promotion to Partner and to all of those promoted to Director and Senior Associate. Their promotions are a testament to both their ability and their contribution to Walker Morris and its clients. It is especially pleasing to see virtually all areas of our practice represented, showcasing the strength of the emerging talent at Walker Morris.”