- Corporate and Head of International
Daniel is a partner in the corporate group at Walker Morris and is recognised as a leading lawyer for mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions. Daniel has particular experience in cross-border transactions and advising corporate, institutional, private equity and financial sponsor clients on both public and private M&A transactions and equity fundraisings.
Daniel also chairs the international committee at Walker Morris responsible for the firm’s international work and relationships with other independent law firms around the world.
Daniel was listed in The Lawyer magazine’s 2018 Hot 100 list as one of the leading corporate lawyers and dealmakers practising in the UK and has been consistently recommended by the Chambers and Legal 500 legal directories for many years, including in the latest editions (2018/19) of the directories:
- Chambers 2019 states: “Daniel O’Gorman is highly regarded for his work in IPOs and ECM transactions, as well as international M&A deals. Sources assert: ‘Daniel O’Gorman is a brilliant commercial lawyer and is simply superb at client handling and leading transactions’.”
- Legal 500 2018 notes that: “Daniel O’Gorman…is pragmatic and solution oriented.”
- Chambers 2017 states: “Daniel O’Gorman is hugely knowledgeable about the equity capital markets. One interviewee notes: ‘We feel we are in safe hands when dealing with him’.”
Transactions on which Daniel has advised include advising:
- Numis Securities (as nominated adviser and broker) on the £103.5m admission of Knights Group Holdings Plc to the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange and £50m equity fundraising
- Data Intensity group on its acquisitions of the Oracle enterprise solutions businesses of Enrich, Inatech and Red Stack Tech and on the UK aspects of the sale of the group to EQT
- Shareholders of Dee Valley Group Plc in relation to the company’s £84m takeover by Severn Trent Plc by scheme of arrangement
- Laborie Medical Technologies on its recommended takeover of Mediwatch Plc by scheme of arrangement; its acquisition of Netherlands headquartered group, Medical Measurement Systems; and on the UK aspects of the sale of the group to Patricia Industries
- Custodian REIT Plc on its £130m IPO on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and its secondary fundraising to raise up to £75m