Webinar Recording: Preparing for Brexit – Business ImmigrationPrint publication
Visit our Business Immigration Hub here.
Shabana Muneer (Employment) presented a live webinar on ‘Preparing for Brexit: Business Immigration’.
The webinar covered the forthcoming changes to the UK immigration system and how organisations should prepare, along with other issues including:
- the impact of Brexit and the end of freedom of movement on the recruitment of EU nationals from January 2021 onwards
- a brief overview of the UK’s current immigration system
- what the new points based immigration system will look like, including changes existing sponsor licence holders need to be aware of
- practical steps organisations can be taking now to make sure they are ready for the new regime:
– the importance of early sponsor licence applications where one is not already in place and training staff on sponsor obligations;
– workforce planning for January 2021 onwards
– ensuring right to work policies are up-to-date and compliant with the new regime
– plugging the skills gap – investment in technology and automation
– dealing with increased recruitment costs
- impact of Covid-19 on migrant workers:
– automatic visa extensions
– changes to some application processes
– specific considerations for laying off / salary reductions / redundancy
– temporary right to work checks.
They also looked answered attendee questions in a Q&A session.