Walker Morris continues investment in talent with 21 promotions across 10 expert teamsPrint news article
Walker Morris, has made a landmark 21 internal promotions, including the appointment of four new Partners, five Directors and an additional 12 Senior Associates.
Newly appointed partners at the firm include Adam Reed, Cameron Baloyi Rigby, and Mark Byrne, all in the Real Estate Group, and Nick McQueen in Litigation and Dispute Resolution. The promotions reinforce the firm’s wider strategy of investment in talent, creating valuable careers, and its focus on fostering specialist expertise. This approach ensures Walker Morris can respond effectively to its wide-ranging client base, delivering a full service offering to its national and international clients from its single site in Leeds city centre.
This latest announcement from the firm follows a raft of additional senior team appointments made in the last six months, including Liz Graham as Partner in the Pensions team, Sarah Ward as Partner in the Competitions team, and Lucy Gordon as Director in the Employment team earlier this year.
Malcolm Simpson, Managing Partner at Walker Morris, commented:
“As a firm, we are making a significant investment in internal talent and talent acquisition to grow our business and practice expertise, reinforcing our position as the pre-eminent, single site firm outside of London.
All of these promotions are thoroughly deserved after what has been a busy and challenging year for our teams. The success of our firm is because of our people, with their fresh approach, ambition, and entrepreneurial spirit and I would like to congratulate and thank all of these individuals for their hard work and the commitment they have shown in delivering an outstanding level of service to our clients every day.”
Our newly promoted colleagues are:
- Adam Reed – Real Estate Group
- Cameron Baloyi Rigby – Real Estate Group
- Mark Byrne – Real Estate Group
- Nick McQueen – Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Claire Acklam – Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Daniel Appleyard – Real Estate Group
- Hayley Hayes – Construction & Engineering
- Lewis Couth – Real Estate Litigation
- Shabana Muneer – Employment
- Aaron Dixon – Commercial
- Adrian Moss – Corporate
- Asia Munir – Real Estate Litigation
- Christian Brundell – Regulatory & Compliance
- Deborah Walls – Construction & Engineering
- Kate Schofield – Real Estate Group
- Rachel Elgar – Banking & Finance Litigation
- Ricky Walker – Commercial Finance
- Sam Parkinson – Construction & Engineering
- Tom McKeown – Real Estate Group
- Twm Russen – Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Will Kay – Construction & Engineering
Walker Morris has followed a unique strategy of investing in the full spectrum of commercial legal expertise including specialist practice areas such as competition law, financial services and consumer finance which, typically, are reserved for City firms. Whilst Walker Morris works with a number of Yorkshire clients, it also works with national and international clients, with a fifth of its clients headquartered overseas.