Walker Morris advises on the delivery, maintenance and management of affordable housing. Our cross-sector client base includes HCA, local authorities, RPs, developers and contractors. Delivering affordable housing in the current climate can be challenging with fewer private developments triggering s106 arrangements and diminishing funding. Innovative and flexible solutions are needed including partnering arrangements, mixed use and mixed tenure initiatives, innovative funding arrangements and asset-based joint ventures. In addition, the energy efficiency agenda demands review of risks, opportunities and obligations from landlords and maintenance providers.
Our multi-disciplinary experienced Housing Team provides legal solutions for today’s challenges and our services include:
- development agreements
- acquisitions, lettings and disposals including shared ownership and right to buy
- construction contracts
- stock transfers and swaps
- repairs and maintenance contracts and structures, including retrofit
- Housing Management & Litigation
- Green Deal structuring
- grant and funding arrangements including Get Britain Building, Homebuy, debt and bond market structures, asset and project finance, prudential borrowing and HRA considerations
- partnering and joint venture arrangements including authority and RP joint arrangements asset-based joint ventures such as local housing companies
- agency, government, charity commission and CQC regulation and vires
- public private partnerships and PFI
- procurement and state aid
- tax structuring
- planning and s106
- landlord and tenant including tenancy agreements and care home terms and conditions
- care – the provision of care villages, sheltered housing, extra care and day centres.
"Impressive team acting for a wide range of registered providers and developers."