Mattioli Woods acquires Amati Global Investors

colleagues talking on the stairs Print news article

10/02/2017

Walker Morris fields multi-disciplinary team to support Mattioli Woods

A multi-disciplinary team of lawyers at Walker Morris has advised the specialist wealth management and employee benefits business, Mattioli Woods plc, on its acquisition of Amati Global Investors Limited from Amati Global Partners LLP for £3.33 million.

Mattioli Woods will acquire 49% of the issued share capital of Amati and has also entered into an option agreement which entitles Mattioli Woods to acquire the remaining 51% of Amati in the two years commencing 6 February 2019 for a mixture of cash and Mattioli Woods’ ordinary shares.

Walker Morris fielded a multi-disciplinary team to support Mattioli, which was led by Corporate partner John Hamer and supported by Laura Poole and Luke Riley from Corporate, Andrew Northage (Regulatory & Compliance), Nicola Parkinson (Tax) and Lee Crook (Commercial).

Commenting on the transaction, Ian Mattioli, Chief Executive of Mattioli Woods, said:

“Our investment in Amati represents an exciting extension to our existing asset management business and is another important step forward for Mattioli Woods as we continue to expand our operations.”

“Amati is a great fit culturally and strategically. There are few specialist UK fund managers with such a long and stable heritage, utilising the combined experience of an investment team with over 50 years’ knowledge of UK smaller companies.  The team’s performance has been recognised in a number of awards and ratings.  I believe this investment will significantly enhance the Group’s fund management expertise.” 

Our Specialists