Walker Morris retains appointment to Homes EnglandPrint news article
Walker Morris has been reappointed to the Homes England legal panel for two years, with the option for the national housing agency to extend for two further years.
The appointment continues Walker Morris’ long-standing relationship with Homes England, which spans over eight years. During that period, the law firm has supported Homes England on over 280 projects.
Walker Morris will be one of seven law firms appointed to Lot 1 which covers:
- Property: including Landlord and Tenant, plot sales, estate management, release of restrictions and consents
- Commercial Law: including grant agreements
- Banking (development finance) and Restructuring (in the event of default e.g. reservation of rights letters)
- Mortgage enforcement and possession claims
- Agricultural law
- Environment Law.
Plus mandatory services
- Real Estate: including Acquisitions, Disposals and Building Leases
- Housing including but not limited to Affordable/Social Housing
- Procurement and State Aid
- Planning: including CPO
- Development and Construction
- Contracts (goods, works and services)
Commenting on the appointment Walker Morris Client Partner, Chris Woodthorpe, said:
“We are delighted with the appointment which underlines our partnership with Homes England. We have worked together on many strategic projects of national importance such as Home Building Fund and Builders Finance Fund, which have helped deliver much needed housing for our communities. We are looking forward to helping Home England increase the supply and quality of housing for the benefit of our communities over the next few years.”