Region’s top FDs honoured at awardsPrint news article
Walker Morris co-sponsors prestigious FD Awards 2016
Over 160 business leaders gathered to celebrate the talent of the region’s top Finance Directors at the 2016 FD Awards on Thursday 20 October.
The awards, which were open to all FDs working in limited companies, plcs, private equity businesses and the public sector, recognised the important contribution of Finance Directors to the Yorkshire business community.
Following an interview and judging process, 32 Financial Directors were selected as finalists with 10 winners being announced on the night.
Walker Morris, accountancy and business advisory firm BDO LLP, insurance broker Lockton Companies LLP and recruitment specialist Sewell Business Group jointly sponsored the awards with Yorkshire Post as media partner.
Rachel Reeves MP, a member of the Treasury Select Committee, was the guest speaker at the awards and presented the coveted Outstanding Contribution Award to Darren Fisher of UK Coal.
Richard Naish, partner at Walker Morris and one of the judges of the awards, commented:
“FDs play a crucial role in helping to build successful businesses. Having been part of the judging process for the awards, and through my dealings with FDs on a day to day basis, I can say with confidence that we have some fantastic FDs in Yorkshire and it is right to honour their achievements. All the finalists were of the highest calibre and the judging process required some tough decisions. Congratulations to all the finalists.”
The winners on the night were:
- Best UK Finance Director in an International Group – Jan Dobrucki, Wesco Aircraft.
- Best Finance Director of a Private Company (up to £50m) – Paul Bray, Team 17 Software Limited.
- Best Finance Director of a Private Equity Company (Mid/small cap) – Daniel Woodwards, Seabrook Crisps Limited.
- Best Finance Director of a Plc – Allison Bainbridge, VP Plc
- Best Finance Director – Public Sector – Paul Smith, YPO
- Best Finance Director of a Private Company (£50+m) – Colin Storrar, Lowell Group
- Best Finance Director of a Private Equity Company (Large cap) – Caroline Ackroyd, Sky Betting & Gaming
- Young Finance Director of the Year (up to 40 years of age) – Jeroen van Os, SRCL Limited
- Best Finance Director of a Turnaround Company – Mike Richards, Arran Isle Limited
- Outstanding Contribution Award – Darren Fisher, UK Coal