With the over 65s expected to increase to c.24% of the UK population within the next 20 years, this is a sector facing increasing demand coupled with increasing regulation, pressure on costs and funding, leading to increasing consolidation but also opportunities.
Retirement living is a key element of the living continuum. With over 30 years’ experience in the sector our Walker Morris Team can provide complete support covering a broad range of expertise including:
- preparation and strategy,
- site development and construction
- ongoing management
- site disposal.
We have developed a national reputation for our knowledge of the issues faced by the industry and our expertise and problem-solving approach.
We have extensive experience in this sector, for example:
- acting for two of the top eight long term care providers in the UK, including one client for whom we have advised for over 10 years and the other for over 25 years
- recently providing real estate advice to prospective purchasers of 2 of the top 20 long term care providers in the UK
- advising a prospective purchaser on an acquisition of an operator of 14 retirement villages and provider of residential care/nursing facilities
- providing real estate, construction and planning advice in respect of two care villages
- instructed on a £450m funding of a portfolio of care facilities owned by one of the top 5 long term care providers in the UK.