Health & Safety
Our Health and Safety Team is one of the largest in the UK. We are proud of our extensive experience in providing safety and risk management advice, leading and supporting on safety incident investigations and defending health and safety enforcement action, including prosecutions.
Acting for national and international clients across a diverse range of sectors, we deliver clear and commercially-focused advice. We assist our clients to devise policies and procedures, develop staff training, review existing compliance measures and help them implement effective crisis management systems.
We have significant expertise in handling high-profile incidents including multiple fatalities and public disasters. From crisis management support in the immediate aftermath, through the investigatory phases and until the conclusion of an incident, our specialist lawyers are on hand to guide and advise you through the process drawing on our extensive experience in managing Police and Health and Safety Executive investigations.
We also defend companies and their directors charged with corporate manslaughter or health and safety breaches and our lawyers regularly appear in the criminal and Coroner’s courts to robustly represent our client’s interests.
We have decades of experience in health and safety law and our specialists are always available, 24/7, to provide immediate incident response and support to our clients.
Our services include:
- Advising and leading in incident investigations.
- Creating and reviewing Safety Risk registers.
- Leading or supporting incident management.
- Gathering and reviewing investigation evidence and advising on criminal and civil liability.
- Advising on safety risk management, safety management systems and business continuity planning.
- Providing legal reviews of your ‘safety systems’.
- Advising on safety issues in corporate transactions.
- Offering 24/7/365 Rapid Response and on-site, incident support.