E-commerce is here to stay and now seriously rivals traditional bricks and mortar businesses. Trading online is not, however, without its risks and challenges and is of course highly dependent on technology.
Walker Morris has vast experience advising on both B2C and B2B online arrangements and contracts and the legal and regulatory framework around e-commerce. This includes advising on the rules relating to online contract formation, technology and security, data protection and privacy and dealings with consumers.
We have in depth knowledge and expertise of the online world and are able to advise on all areas and issues relating to e-commerce. A number of our lawyers have worked in-house at businesses with significant e-commerce divisions and therefore have practical experience of the online world and the risks and pressures it faces on a day to day basis.
Examples of the areas we advise on include:
Website Design and Development Agreements
- Hosting Agreements
- Website Linking Agreements
- Affiliate Agreements
- Website Terms and Conditions
- Privacy and Cookies Policies
- M-commerce including mobile apps
- Website Content Agreements
- Registration of domain names and trade marks
- Merchant and Payment Processing Agreements
- Advertising and Marketing Rules and Regulations
- Acceptable Use Policies
- Cloud Computing
- Data Protection