Public Procurement Guidance on Managing Covid-19 in Contracts – PPN 02/20Print publication
PPN 02/20 is addressed to public bodies which are required to comply with the Public Procurement regime. Despite the tenor of its language, the PPN is Guidance only but seeks to offer a consistent basis upon which relief and enhanced payment terms might be given to help all parts of the supply chain remain above water.
Below is a webinar given by David Kilduff, Consultant at Walker Morris, for Efficiency North – a procurement organisation with a wide range of public body members.
The webinar answers many questions that flow from the PPN including:
- Should the public sector identify ‘suppliers at risk’?
- How much diligence should be undertaken?
- What is the extent of relief and terms of advance payment?
- How long should relief be given for?
- How does the guidance sit with contracts about to be let?
- Is it expected that advance payments may be written off?
- How does the PPN sit with underlying powers and governance issues?
Walker Morris is accessible to public bodies under Lot2a of the CCS ‘whole of public sector framework’. For an informal preliminary view on any issue please contact David Kilduff email@example.com 07703 099600.