Public Procurement Guidance on Managing Covid-19 in Contracts – PPN 02/20Print publication
PPN 02/20 is addressed to public bodies which are required to comply with the Public Procurement regime. Despite the tenor of its language, the PPN is Guidance only but seeks to offer a consistent basis upon which relief and enhanced payment terms might be given to help all parts of the supply chain remain above water.
Below is a webinar given by a Consultant at Walker Morris, for Efficiency North – a procurement organisation with a wide range of public body members.
The webinar answers many questions that flow from the PPN including:
- Should the public sector identify ‘suppliers at risk’?
- How much diligence should be undertaken?
- What is the extent of relief and terms of advance payment?
- How long should relief be given for?
- How does the guidance sit with contracts about to be let?
- Is it expected that advance payments may be written off?
- How does the PPN sit with underlying powers and governance issues?
Walker Morris is accessible to public bodies under Lot2a of the CCS ‘whole of public sector framework’.