Newsflash: Imminent court fee increasesPrint newsletter
A number of court and tribunal fee increases are anticipated for next month. Justin Coley, Walker Morris’ Head of Recoveries, explains.
We reported in August 2015 that the government was consulting on further increasing civil court fees. HM Courts and Tribunals Service has confirmed in a letter today that a number of changes to court and tribunal fees are now anticipated for next month, as follows:
- In possession claims, the fee for issuing proceedings will increase from £280 to £355.
- For possession claims lodged online through the PCOL system, the fee will increase from £250 to £325.
- The fee for general applications made on notice within civil proceedings will increase from £155 to £255.
- The fee for general applications made without notice will increase from £50 to £100.
- The fee for applications made by consent will increase from £50 to £100.
These fee increases will affect all court users. Confirmation of the date on which the changes will take effect will be reported as soon as it is announced.