David Kilduff to speak at the 2016 Yorkshire Legal ConferencePrint news article
Walker Morris Partner to speak on driving the Northern Powerhouse
David Kilduff, Partner and Head of the Energy, Infrastructure & Government Team at Walker Morris will be speaking at this year’s Yorkshire Legal Conference “Driving the Northern Powerhouse” on Wednesday 28 September 2016 at the University of Law, Leeds.
The conference will be chaired by Nick Hawkins of St Philips Chambers and will focus on the concept of the “Northern Powerhouse” and what this means for the future of the legal profession. Aimed at barristers and solicitors from across the region, the conference will consider issues such as foreign investment, the implications of the investment into the country and how lawyers can make the most of the opportunities presented to them.
David will be joined by Professor Andrea Nollent from the University of Law and Martin Venning from UK Northern Powerhouse to discuss “The Implications of Brexit”, considering how the Northern Powerhouse will develop in light of the referendum decisions, the potential effects that leaving the EU could have on investment into the North from abroad and whether it will hurt or boost the Northern Powerhouse.
The speakers will also include:
- Tom Riordan, Chief Executive, Leeds City Council
- Jonathan Oxley, Chairman, Institute of Directors for Yorkshire & the Humber
- Prof. Christopher Bovis, University of Hull
- Natalie Cosgrove, Sheffield & District Law Society
- The Regional Funding Team, British Business Bank
- Richard Moran, Clarion Solicitors
- Martin Collingwood, Andrew Jackson
- Alison Lobb, Liverpool Law Society
- David Travis, Manchester Law Society
- Gerard Khoshnaw, Gateley
- Paul Swinney, Centre for Cities
- Poonam Kaur, fds Director Services
- Andy Mahon, BDO LLP
- Marian Sudbury, UK Trade & Investment
Tickets are still available for the conference, to book please call Alex Gray on +44 (0)1423 851 150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.