Our project managers wear many hats and work with our stakeholders to deliver top notch results in the area of execution performance, by overseeing the delivery cycle to make sure that projects stay on time, within budget, and within scope, ensuring satisfaction to all involved and meeting any other requirement that may be tied to the performance of the project.
Purpose of the role:
To manage all aspects of projects in response to the need of the practice.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Have input into the formulation and documentation of project management strategy, with reference to standard methods as appropriate.
- Management of all aspects of projects:
- Preparation of Business Cases for submission to the board for approval
- Project initiation i.e. requirements determination and their documentation and setting end user expectations.
- Identification and management of risk factors.
- Identification and management of issues
- Preparation of estimates (time, resources, budget).
- Preparation of plans and their ongoing maintenance, including requirements analysis, development, implementation, training and other related processes.
- Project monitoring i.e. monitoring of progress, budget and quality against plans. Escalation of slippage to the project stakeholders and Business Portfolio Manager
- Management of project team.
- Management of stakeholders.
- Documentation of all the above as appropriate.
Skills and experience
- Knowledge/experience of a formal project management methodology.
- Project planning & scheduling – Work/Product breakdowns, Time/Resource/Budget Estimating, Plan design & creation, Risk analysis.
- Project monitoring & control – Critical path analysis, Milestone tracking, Risk management, Change control.
- MS Project.
- 2 years plus experience in project management.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Team management/supervision; Stakeholder management, Chairing meetings, Production/presentation of reports and plans (both written and verbal).
- Qualification in a formal project management methodology ( desirable )
- Experience working in a regulated environment ( desirable )
- To ensure that information is handled in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures relating to information security.
- To encourage a security conscious culture within the firm, by supporting and engaging with the firm’s initiatives.
- To proactively and promptly report any concerns/issues relating to information security.
The Firm has 5 Core Values which all candidates and new employees should understand and be able to demonstrate. These are an important part of who we are as a Firm and as an employer and we are keen that everyone behaves in a way which is supportive and reflective of these Values:
- Client Focus
- Talent Engagement
- Collaborative Approach
- Quality and Integrity
- Positive Contribution
Walker Morris pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, committed to being as diverse as possible within our employee network. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic and therefore encourage applications made by anyone who comes from diverse backgrounds, communities and underrepresented demographics. We work hard to ensure that our recruitment practices are as inclusive as possible and we are happy to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process in order to assist you in performing your best.