As a single site organisation we’re proud to have our IT support on hand to assist employees by providing technical support and ensuring the company continues running smoothly by monitoring and maintaining the company computer systems, installs, and configuring hardware and software, as well as solving technical issues as they arise.
Purpose of the role:
To provide high level support to all users, ensuring their productivity through effective use of the Firm’s IT systems.
To deliver an excellent client service experience and to continually improve the quality of the service delivered through proactivity, good communication, technical skill and organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Take and record calls (incidents and service requests) on the IT service desk system, ensuring that all client contact and updates are recorded.
- Investigate, monitor and resolve any 1st and 2nd line incidents/service requests assigned to you.
- Liaise with our internal and external stakeholders, IT support personnel and external suppliers to resolve incidents.
- Keep the Service Desk application and colleagues updated with the status of incidents.
- Chase overdue incidents.
- Liaise with line managers to identify, diagnose and resolve problems impacting the WM IT environment.
- Application deployment, patching and anti-virus updates.
- Virus check removable media as and when required.
- Install software where appropriate.
- Check loan equipment including all parts and consumables in and out.
- Trend analysis to identify any problematic trends and report on these (with suggested solutions) on a monthly basis to the Service Desk Delivery Manager.
- Use initiative to identify improvements and efficiencies to Service Desk existing processes and procedures and report these to the Service Desk Delivery Manager.
- Liaise with the Service Delivery Manager to keep the system up to date with starters and leavers’ information.
- Report on any information security incidents and follow the procedure for incident management.
- Asset management and security wiping.
- Follow the IT software license procedure.
- Contribute and keep up to date documentation for IT Service Desk procedures.
- Contribute technical information and know-how to the IT knowledge base
- Comply with IT Procedures.
- Keep up to date with IT developments and products and procedures to improve client service.
- Take part in the rota for out of hours support as required.
- Participate in approved IT related projects as directed.
- Provide assistance where necessary during system downs and emergencies.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as when it is required by the firm.
Skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in IT
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- Minimum ITIL3 Foundation Qualification
- 2nd Line IT Support Experience
- Experience in using SCCM for software deployment
- Stakeholder Management
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Excellent IT technical skills at the requisite level for this position
- Good team skills are required, particularly in communicating and supporting other team members
- Excellent customer service including communication and telephone manner
- Excellent analytical skills
- Basic project management skills
- Be able to organise self and work effectively
- Solid Microsoft Active Directory knowledge and experience
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively by demonstrating experience of managing several open incidents/problems and mini projects simultaneously
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network + Certification
- To ensure that information is handled in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures relating to information security.
- To encourage a security conscious culture within the firm, by supporting and engaging with the firm’s initiatives.
- To proactively and promptly report any concerns/issues relating to information security.
- To assist the firm in achieving its security objectives which are published in the Information Security Manual on Reach.
- Comply faithfully in all respects with directions and/or requests from the, IT Manager and IT Partner.
- Contribute towards own self development and attend training where necessary; demonstrate learning from training provided and apply to own role.
- Promote good relationships across the department and the firm as a whole and facilitate teamwork.
- Be professional in all dealings with members of staff and external contacts. Be proactive in relationship management.
- Promote a professional culture within own team and the firm as a whole in which ‘leading by example’ becomes a benchmark.
- Ensure compliance with the firm’s standards and procedures, including any WM policies, Lexcel requirements and Code of Conduct regulations. This will involve keeping up-to-date with any amendments or upgrades to any policies, standards or procedures.
- Adhere to the firm’s health and safety policies and other requirements relating to the care of the firm’s equipment both in and outside of the office.
Walker Morris pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, committed to being as diverse as possible within our employee network. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic and therefore encourage applications made by anyone who comes from diverse backgrounds, communities and underrepresented demographics. We work hard to ensure that our recruitment practices are as inclusive as possible and we are happy to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process in order to assist you in performing your best.