Excellent opportunity for commercially minded Corporate Lawyers
We are currently recruiting for a Solicitor to join our Corporate team working from home as well as from our prestigious offices in Leeds.
The commercial department consists of Commercial, Corporate, Finance, Intellectual Property, Public Sector and Tax. Solicitors are able to rotate between specialisms, ensuring they work with all partners and associates on a variety of deals. Our team has a wealth of experience and ambition.
In addition to an impressive client list and high quality work, our solicitors have early responsibility for their own clients and deals, safe in the knowledge that support is always on hand.
About the Role
To effectively manage a caseload of clients’ matters in accordance with the Firm’s internal standards, clients’ own service standards, the SRA Code of Conduct 2011, and any other appropriate regulatory requirements and/or best practice guidance issued from time to time by the Law Society/SRA.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Undertaking fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Firm’s quality and risk management procedures. Assisting the Partners and other fee earning staff within the department on client matter related work, and where appropriate, maintaining your own caseload and clients.
- Good financial management which includes taking responsibility for accurate time recording and billing, managing levels of WIP and achieving annual targets.
- Taking responsibility for your own personal development, ensuring that your technical expertise and interpersonal and soft skills are up-to-date and continually developing. This will involve attending training sessions, reading, participation in coaching and personal development reviews, and, where appropriate, giving training sessions and supervising less experienced staff in the department.
- Working constantly to ensure that the Firm, and you as an individual, provide the highest standard of client care and service to all clients of the Firm.
- Taking responsibility for, and contributing to, business development opportunities and activities to ensure the retention of existing clients and to assist with acquiring new clients and business.
- Being a good team player, both in terms of making positive contributions to the team in the department and to the Firm as a whole. This will involve, for example, being asked to take part in working parties which are set up from time to time to look at improving the Firm’s systems or procedures, and the way we work generally.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as and when it is required by the Firm.
Skills and experience:
- Be a fully qualified solicitor who is registered with the Law Society of England and Wales. Have successfully completed a training contract and the Professional Skills Course
- Have directly relevant previous experience gained during a training contract (if a newly qualified solicitor), and have the relevant level of post qualification experience (PQE).
- Proven track record of ensuring the provision of a high standard of client service, to include good file and case management and the ability to meet client expectations and standards.
- The ability to demonstrate a sound commercial awareness and an understanding of clients’ businesses.
- Ability to undertake business development activities to the appropriate level (based on PQE), and to have the relevant skills, experience and desire to develop in this area in the future.
- Proven attendance at regular training sessions and performance development reviews.
- The ability to generate an appropriate level of fee income based on PQE.
- Demonstrable experience of sound judgement which avoids conflict with professional or regulatory requirements, and achieves commercial solutions for clients and the Firm.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all times, and to build relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Be a supportive, dependable and approachable member of the team who can work with people at all levels in the firm and contribute to the effectiveness of the team and Firm as a whole.
- A dynamic, ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is proactive and constantly striving to improve and develop themselves, their team/ department and the Firm.
What do we offer?
- A highly competitive salary and annual pay reviews
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- State of the art building facilities
- Cycle to work scheme, Life assurance, Option to bull and sell holidays and a lot more….
If you are interested about all of the above, please feel free to contact us and apply now….
Walker Morris pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, committed to being as diverse as possible within our employee network. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic and therefore encourage applications made by anyone who comes from diverse backgrounds, communities and underrepresented demographics. We work hard to ensure that our recruitment practices are as inclusive as possible and we are happy to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process in order to assist you in performing your best.