We are dedicated to providing exceptional service on behalf of our lender clients, managing and progressing the sale of ‘non-standard’ residential properties.
If you are a proactive and solution-oriented professional with a proven track record in handling complex conveyancing matters, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing as a Conveyancer:
- Manage and progress a caseload of non-standard residential property sales, including Freehold, Leasehold, and Shared Ownership titles.
- Identify potential issues that may affect property sales and develop innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Make proactive recommendations to clients based on thorough analysis and understanding of each case.
- Refer non-standard and complicated matters to the Title Defect Team or progress them under their supervision when necessary.
- Provide technical conveyancing support and training to team members and clients.
- Draft contract conditions that minimize post-completion challenges and ensure smooth property sales.
- Attend client meetings and conduct training sessions to enhance client relationships and knowledge sharing.
- Work within client agreed or Departmental service standards to deliver high-quality service.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures to enhance efficiency and client satisfaction.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and resolving non-standard issues during residential property sales.
- Proven ability to deliver commercially focused solutions to title and property issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex matters in a clear and concise manner.
- Previous experience providing training to colleagues and clients.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and committed to delivering high-quality work.
- Collaborative team player with a flexible approach.
- Familiarity with the use of IT solutions and technology in conveyancing processes.
- Strong adherence to professional conduct and ethics.
Our office is based in Leeds and this role is offered on either a hybrid (min. 2 days per week in the office) or fully office-based basis.
Why join Walker Morris:
When you’re looking for a job, we know it’s about more than just the role. That’s why we provide the support you need to develop and grow your career. We’ve hybrid and flexible working, so you can make work and life work together for you. Walker Morris is a top 100 commercial law firm where you don’t have to fit a mould, so you can bring your full self to work and our commitment to a meaningful work life balance means you can take your full-self home again too!
We’ve recently launched the new Walker Morris brand, which brings to life what it’s really like to work with and within the firm. What it really comes back to is our purpose, to forge your own path. It means we’re 70% corporate professional law firm but with 30% individual expression – meaning we’re personal, modern and have a drive for innovation.
What we offer:
- Hybrid working – split your time between home and our office, with a minimum of 2 days in the office per week
- Annual Leave – minimum of 25 days per year, increasing to 31 days with length of service. Also – buy/sell holidays up to 5 days per year
- Bonus Scheme – our annual bonus scheme recognises outstanding contributions to the firm and our ambitions. All colleagues are eligible subject to meeting the criteria of the scheme.
- Pension – saving for retirement? Let us do the hard work for you. We auto-enrol all eligible colleagues in to a workplace pension and we contribute a minimum of 5% of annual salary
- Life Assurance – 4x your annual salary in the event of a death in service
At Walker Morris we are working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. We particularly welcome applications from Disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic as well as LGBTQ+ and non-binary candidates. Each individual brings their own unique capabilities, experiences and characteristics to their work, so you don’t have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.