NOTICED Racial Diversity event
Thursday 4 November, 9.00 – 11.00am
Breakfast will be available from 9.00am. We aim to finish for 11.00am, but there will be an opportunity to stay longer for anyone who wishes to chat.
Walker Morris are proud to be holding the first event in the north with NOTICED, the UK’s first inter-firm racial diversity network.
Why should you attend?
- To meet people like you – people interested in improving racial diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- To hear about others’ experiences – and perhaps inspire others with your story
Our speakers will share their experiences of the workplace. You can ask questions, and take part in a discussion about what has or hasn’t worked in your organisation.
- Varinder Rehal, Corporate Services Director, General Counsel and Company Secretary at International Procurement and Logistics (an Asda group company) Varinder will speak about his journey to the top of his organisation. He will share the challenges he faced along the way, and how he overcame them.
- Jeanette Burgess, Partner and Board member, who heads up the Walker Morris Racial Diversity Committee. Jeanette will speak about the challenges Walker Morris is facing, and what we are doing to address them.
- Sophia Ali and Kiranpreet Kaur, Paralegals at Walker Morris Sophia and Kiranpreet will share their experiences, particularly the impact racial diversity and inclusion initiatives are having at this early stage of their career.