In-House Lawyer Training Day
Join us for our upcoming training day for In-House Lawyers
Walker Morris LLP, Kings Court, 12 King street, Leeds, LS1 2HL
Thursday 12 October 2017
9:30am – Registration opens and refreshments served
10:00am – Seminar begins
12:45pm – Lunch break
1:30pm – Afternoon session begins
3:00pm – Ends
This seminar will provide the opportunity to catch up on key legal developments from the last 12 months across various topics, and to ensure that you understand and can comply with the SRA’s new competency-based regulation regime, all in one day. The subjects covered will be:
- Managing real estate aspects of corporate transactions – our top ten issues
- Regulatory – GDPR and legal professional privilege update
- Technological developments and the law
- Employment law – Demystifying TUPE
- Commercial contracts – current challenges for the in-house lawyer.
- A brief overview of the SRA competency regime
As many of you will be aware, the SRA’s new competency-based regulation regime requires that, as from October 2017, all qualified solicitors will need to declare that they have reflected on their practice and undertaken regular learning and development so that their skills and knowledge remain up to date – your practicing certificate depends on it! Read our recent article for more details on what this means for you.
- Are you SRA-competent?
- How are you getting on with your Development Plan?
- Is your Development Record up to date?
As well updating you on key legal developments from the last 12 months, we will briefly explain key points in relation to the SRA’s competency regime and will explain where you can access the practical tools and resources that you will need to confidently comply with the SRA’s requirements.
- A1, A2, A4, B7, D2… know your solicitor competencies and tick them off by attending our seminar!
The day will also include a question and answer session with senior lawyers from various teams in Walker Morris.
To book your place at this seminar please email email@example.com