Immigration Breakfast Briefing
Walker Morris LLP, 33 Wellington Street, LS1 4DL
Thursday 12 March 2020
8:30am Registration and light buffet breakfast served
9:00am Seminar begins
11:00am Approximate seminar end time
”What does Brexit mean for your workforce?”
Brexit is set to close the door on freedom of movement for EU nationals. The unfettered access to the EU workforce that UK businesses have become accustomed to, and in some cases reliant upon, will come to an end. Existing EU nationals must take imminent action to preserve their rights to continue living and working in the UK after the end of the “transition period” on 31 December 2020, and there are no guarantees that new EU nationals arriving in the UK after that date will have long-term rights to live and work.
Is your business ready for the impact of these changes? We will be exploring the key issues and looking at what your business can be doing now to get itself in the strongest position to recruit and retain the talent it needs in the post-Brexit era.
We will cover:
- How will Brexit impact your existing workforce (including UK nationals working in the EU)?
- The EU Settlement Scheme – what is it, who needs to apply and what rights does it provide?
- Will you be able to employ EU nationals who arrive in the UK after Brexit? We will explain Euro Temporary Leave to Remain and the long-term constraints on new arrivals.
- How will the new Australian-style points based system work? We will consider sponsorship for EU and non-EU nationals.
- How will the changes impact procedures for right to work checks?
- Workforce planning – what can your business do to prepare?
To book your place email email@example.com