Customer Complaints Procedure
This is our Customer Complaints Procedure for customers of our clients. If you are a client of Walker Morris LLP, please read our Client Complaints Procedure.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which Walker Morris has acted please let us know by any reasonable means, including letter, telephone, email or in person.
Complaints regarding the services provided by our clients will be referred to them and they will respond to you directly in line with their own internal complaints procedure.
Making a complaint
We do not charge for handling a complaint.
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact:
Head of Operations
Walker Morris LLP
33 Wellington St
Tel: 0113 457 0205
When contacting us please quote the reference number stated on recent emails or letters you have received from us.
Acknowledging your complaint
A written acknowledgement to your complaint will be provided within three working days after receipt, with the exception of:
- complaints received by telephone where we have been able to resolve the matter immediately, and
- complaints where the customer has specifically asked us not to contact them.
If we have reasonable grounds to believe another law firm may be responsible, in full or part, for the allegation(s) made, we will promptly forward the complaint, or the relevant part of it, to that law firm. We will write to you to confirm our actions and provide contact details of the law firm concerned within three working days.
Investigating your complaint
Your complaint will be investigated promptly, competently, diligently and impartially.
We may ask you to submit copies of documentation and may request further information from you to assist us with our investigation.
We will take into account any documents and/or information you may provide in relation to your complaint.
Keeping you informed
We will ensure that you are regularly kept informed of our investigation into your complaint, and an update will be provided at least every four weeks.
Updates will include:
- the measures we are taking to resolve the matter, and
- the expected resolution date or the date of the next update.
We will work towards completing our investigation within eight weeks of receipt of your complaint.
Resolving your complaint
When we have finalised our investigation into your complaint, we will issue our final response letter.
Our final response letter will be fair, clear and not misleading and will provide you with:
- a summary of the complaint and the investigation undertaken;
- the outcome of our investigation, including whether the complaint was upheld or declined;
- where relevant, an offer of remedial action(s) or the appropriate level of redress (or both), and the basis of our calculation; and
- in order to comply with our clients’ requirements, a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service standard explanatory leaflet.
You can be assured that we treat all complaints very seriously and we will conduct a full review of the issue(s) raised.
Solicitors Regulation Authority
Walker Morris is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. If the complaint relates exclusively to our SRA regulated work then you should check whether the Solicitors Regulation Authority will consider your complaint further. The relevant contact details will appear in our final detailed response letter but are set out again below:
Solicitors Regulation Authority
19 Wharfside Street
Tel: 03706 062 555