Paralegal (Banking & Finance)
We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join our Banking team at our head office in Leeds.
About the Role
Reporting into a Partner of Banking and Finance, your role will be to provide effective administration and legal support to the partner and other fee earners in the department.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Handling own caseload of files (where appropriate) from instruction, to issuing proceedings and enforcement and under the supervision of a more senior fee earner
- Undertake certain elements of fee earning work under supervision. In particular; file creation, generation of suitable client care correspondence, completion of client questionnaires, drafting of petition/court documentation;
- Attendance at routine meetings/interlocutory hearings.
- Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
- Manage the collation of matter start and matter completion data by agreement with the fee earners in the Department.
- General administrative tasks, including monthly reporting on cases for client purposes and invoicing of files.
- Deputise for fee earners in their absence if necessary, passing urgent issues to another senior fee earner for guidance.
- Provide support to other fee earners as required
- Report immediately to the Partner on any issue/complaint re: professional conduct and/or client dissatisfaction and/or potential negligence or negative costs implications for the firm
Skills and experience:
- Hold a law degree or non-law degree plus GDL
- LPC would be preferable
- Previous banking experience would be beneficial
- Demonstrate focus and commitment to work duties
- Display a professional and assertive approach
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to operate flexibly and as part of a team
What do we offer?
- A highly competitive salary and annual pay reviews
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- State of the art building facilities
- Cycle to work scheme, Life assurance, Option to bull and sell holidays and a lot more….
If you are interested about all of the above, please feel free to contact us and apply now….
Walker Morris pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, committed to being as diverse as possible within our employee network. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic and therefore encourage applications made by anyone who comes from diverse backgrounds, communities and underrepresented demographics. We work hard to ensure that our recruitment practices are as inclusive as possible and we are happy to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process in order to assist you in performing your best.