Financial Services Associate
What are we looking for ?
We’re looking for a technically proficient and ambitious regulatory lawyer who is used to dealing with big ticket consumer finance work, either in private practice or in-house. A detailed understanding of the FCA regime is absolutely essential, as well as sound legal analysis and drafting skills. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding growing team in a niche practice area where someone with the confidence and ability to think ahead will have scope to carve out a reputation and develop as an expert lawyer in an exciting and sought after discipline.
What we can offer ?
You will join an established and rapidly-growing team handling consumer finance work for banks, building societies and a range of other lenders, brokers, debt administration and debt collection businesses.
It is truly a unique opportunity to join a vibrant team in a specialist practice area where someone with the right mix of confidence, drive and ambition will have scope to carve out a reputation and capitalise on excellent opportunities for advancement.
Walker Morris is an independent law firm who are meritocratic and distinctive from the other Big 6 and other law firms. Exceptional candidates will command a commensurate salary plus benefits with significant opportunity for advancement. We offer agile working and working in pristine a new office in Leeds city centre.
The team is a great team, headed by Jeanette Burgess, with strong support and a freedom to develop and thrive.
What work can we offer?
Clients of our Regulatory team include major international businesses in all sectors and many household names. Examples of work include:
· Undertaking regulatory due diligence on a £235m financial services lending business acquisition
· advising on all legal matters for a US consumer lending client in relation to its business in the UK
· advising a US based international retailer in connection with a data protection breach in the context of electronic money regulation
· advising a £multi-billion company in relation to a wide range of matters involving its strategic arrangements for wealth and investment management and financial products and services
· providing general regulatory advice to a national UK stockbroker including in relation to a transfer of business, associate/franchise arrangements, FSA supervision visits, client disputes and market abuse
Walker Morris pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, committed to being as diverse as possible within our employee network. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic and therefore encourage applications made by anyone who comes from diverse backgrounds, communities and underrepresented demographics. We work hard to ensure that our recruitment practices are as inclusive as possible and we are happy to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process in order to assist you in performing your best.