Financial Services Associate
What are we looking for ?
We’re looking for a technically proficient and ambitious regulatory lawyer who is used to dealing with big ticket consumer finance work, either in private practice or in-house. A detailed understanding of the FCA regime is absolutely essential, as well as sound legal analysis and drafting skills. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding growing team in a niche practice area where someone with the confidence and ability to think ahead will have scope to carve out a reputation and develop as an expert lawyer in an exciting and sought after discipline.
What we can offer ?
You will join an established and rapidly-growing team handling consumer finance work for banks, building societies and a range of other lenders, brokers, debt administration and debt collection businesses.
It is truly a unique opportunity to join a vibrant team in a specialist practice area where someone with the right mix of confidence, drive and ambition will have scope to carve out a reputation and capitalise on excellent opportunities for advancement.
Walker Morris is an independent law firm who are meritocratic and distinctive from the other Big 6 and other law firms. Exceptional candidates will command a commensurate salary plus benefits with significant opportunity for advancement. We offer agile working and working in pristine a new office in Leeds city centre.
The team is a great team, headed by Jeanette Burgess, with strong support and a freedom to develop and thrive.
What work can we offer?
Clients of our Regulatory team include major international businesses in all sectors and many household names. Examples of work include:
· Undertaking regulatory due diligence on a £235m financial services lending business acquisition
· advising on all legal matters for a US consumer lending client in relation to its business in the UK
· advising a US based international retailer in connection with a data protection breach in the context of electronic money regulation
· advising a £multi-billion company in relation to a wide range of matters involving its strategic arrangements for wealth and investment management and financial products and services
· providing general regulatory advice to a national UK stockbroker including in relation to a transfer of business, associate/franchise arrangements, FSA supervision visits, client disputes and market abuse