Diversity and Inclusion Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Diversity and Inclusion Manager on a part time basis, to join our Human Resources department based at our head office in Leeds.
About the role:
Walker Morris’ deep commitment to creating an inclusive culture where everyone in the firm can thrive has led to a need for a Diversity and Inclusion Manager on a part time basis. This is an important and exciting addition to the business, reporting directly to the Managing Partner and Head of HR. It will focus on creating a truly positive experience for all our people, building on our work so far and implementing further plans to increase diversity and improve inclusion, making sure everyone at the firm feels like they belong, are valued and can do the best work of their career.
Best things about the job:
- You’ll have direct influence on our approach to Diversity & Inclusion across all areas of the business.
- You’ll affect real, positive change every day.
- You’ll be in high demand as this is a big priority for the business!
- The role is part-time, we can work around you and it’s also hybrid working.
In the first few months, you would have:
- Gained a good understanding of all our current Diversity & Inclusion activity taking place across the business.
- Met with partners/managers to understand what’s working well and what the challenges may be.
- Built strong, cohesive relationships with HR, the Board, and our diversity forums.
- Developed a proposal for how we continue to accelerate Diversity & Inclusion agenda over the coming months and in the long term.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and deliver an ambitious and meaningful long-term D&I strategy with clear priority focus areas and measurable goals.
- Ensure the firm continues to make progress at all levels ensuring the necessary strategies and monitoring is in place to drive this change.
- Work with the Head or HR and partners to create strong buy-in, increase understanding and tackle D&I challenges specific to their teams.
- Ensure a data driven, measurable and targeted approach to D&I.
- Lead on all regulatory and external reporting requirements related to D&I, for example Gender Pay Gap and SRA reporting.
- Collaborate with the senior management team to ensure D&I is embedded in all areas of the employee experience.
- Be our subject matter expert to the business on all things Diversity & Inclusion.
Skills and experience:
- Expertise and experience in driving Diversity & Inclusion strategies.
- A strong understanding of Diversity & Inclusion best practice, including regulatory requirements.
- An aptitude for data and insights to drive change.
- Previous experience partnering with senior stakeholders.
- An ability to communicate with people at all levels, gaining their buy-in whilst at the same time challenging them.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate the 5 core company values in a way which supports and develops our people.
Walker Morris pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, committed to being as diverse as possible within our employee network. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic and therefore encourage applications made by anyone who comes from diverse backgrounds, communities and underrepresented demographics. We work hard to ensure that our recruitment practices are as inclusive as possible and we are happy to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process in order to assist you in performing your best.