As a major employer in Yorkshire, we recognise the importance of creating a positive social impact by supporting the community and people where we work and live and actively caring for the environment in which we operate. Our CR Committee, headed by partner Louise Power, has a broad membership across the firm and you can view our latest projects here.
Our CR strategy is focused on three key areas:
- to promote an inclusive and supportive working environment and open up access to professional and development opportunities
- to be a responsible contributing member of our local community
- to minimise our environmental impact.
We are dedicated to building relationships with the local community as a responsible/contributing member including:
- in 2017/18 our employees devoted 805 hours of volunteering and pro bono work to CR projects and not for profit businesses/charities
- 24 years’ commitment to art in local primary schools – Children’s Charity Calendar – proceeds to Martin House Children’s Hospice
- invested £1,450,000 in arts sponsorship.
Some of our charity fundraising events include:
- cake sales & tray bakes
- charity football tournaments
- Children’s Charity Calendar – all proceeds to Martin House Hospice since its inception in 1996
- Supporting local secondary school students in the annual, national ‘Enterprise Challenge’ as part of the Mosaic Mentoring Project, founded by HRH The Prince of Wales and part of the Prince’s Trust.
- Christmas present toy donations to various charities
- Dragon Boat racing
- dress down days
- Kidsout charity dinner prize donations
- Oxfam Trailtrekker
- running events such as – Abbey Dash, London Marathon, Leeds Half Marathon
- sky diving
- Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge.
Thanks to Experience Days Ltd for their donation of prizes.